Sweet Potato and Chocolate Chip Bread - Gluten free and Vegan
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potato roasted and mashed
- 1/2 cup rice milk or non-dairy milk of choice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar can increase to 1/2 cup if you prefer it sweeter
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup sweet sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp guar gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips - dairy free more if you want it extra chocolatey!
- preheat oven to 200C and lightly spray a loaf tin with coconut oil spray.
- Combine sweet potato, milk, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, vanilla, oil and sugar till well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, sift and mix together the rest of the ingredients, except the chocolate chips.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Fold through the chocolate chips and pour into loaf tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and then enjoy!