Sweet Potato and Chocolate Chip Bread – Gluten free and Vegan
For those of you who aren’t banana lovers, try this sweet potato bread instead! Plus there’s chocolate too!
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potato (roasted and mashed)
- 1/2 cup rice milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (can increase to 1/2 cup if you prefer it sweeter)
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup sweet sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp guar gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips – dairy free (more if you want it extra chocolatey!)
preheat oven to 200C and lightly spray a loaf tin with coconut oil spray.
Combine sweet potato, milk, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, vanilla, oil and sugar till well mixed.
In a separate bowl, sift and mix together the rest of the ingredients, except the chocolate chips.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
Fold through the chocolate chips and pour into loaf tin.
Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Cool on a wire rack and then enjoy!