So I woke up this morning and 4 of my bananas were past that spotty stage and were at that “eat me today or I’m gonna make your whole house smell like overripe bananas” stage. I am not a fan of that at all.
Now have I eaten 4 bananas for breakfast before? YES! But did I feel like that this morning, sadly no. What to do?! Banana Bread duh! Mini Banana Breads even. Solely so I don’t eat the whole loaf in one sitting really.
Gluten free Vegan Mini Banana Breads
- 1 1/2 cups banana mashed
- 1/3 cup coconut milk or non-dairy milk of choice
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup GF flour I used Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Baking Flour
- 3/4 tsp bicarb soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 8 walnut halves for decorating the top!
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mashed banana, coconut sugar, coconut milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla. Mix till mostly smooth if you don't want chunks of banana.
- In a separate bowl, sift flours, bicarb, salt and spices and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well to combine. The mixture should be quite doughy.
- Either line your mini loaf pan or regular loaf pan with baking paper or lightly spray with coconut oil spray.
- Add mixture to pan and smooth top with spatula or spoon.
- Sprinkle top with a little extra coconut sugar and press walnut lightly into top.
- Place in oven for 30-40 minutes. A regular loaf could take up to 60 minutes.
- Test with skewer or knife to check they are ready. Then remove and cool in tin for 10 minutes and then remove to a wire rack.